Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year of the Baby

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions because franky, I never keep them. Usually life comes up and I'm too preoccupied with other things to remember that diet I swore I would follow. This year, however, will be different....slightly.

I'm still not making a New Year's Resolution. Instead, I'm making a New Year's Hope. A hope that 2013 will be the year of the baby. Hope that we will get pregnant and maybe possibly bring home a squishy newborn by the end of the year.

But let's get serious. With my PCOS, baby makin' could be difficult. Since my diagnosis, we haven't actively been trying so I'm not sure how things are going to go. It could happen with my first cycle off birth control. It could happen with my first cycle of Clomid. Or we may find out near the end of the year that we may need a bit more help than pills to conceive. Who knows. I do know that 2013 will be a year of learning, growing (hopefully in the mid-section region!) and hoping.

I'll admit, I hope that 2013 will be the year that we are lucky enough to get pregnant. Keegan is warming up to the idea more and more each day and I would so love to be able to give him that gift. But, we know that it could potentially be difficult for us to conceive so for now we're taking it slow. I'm not expecting to get pregnant my first month off of BC. I even told Keegan that if I did, he could name the baby whatever he wanted. I think the current favorite is a character from his favorite video game.

I'm horrible at keeping resolutions, but I have a feeling that my hope for a baby will be steady until we're holding one in our arms.

Here's to 2013. May it be a year of new possibilities. And hopefully, new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment