Friday, February 1, 2013

No Go (So Far)

Last night I took a pregnancy test. All week I've been feeling so....strange, so I decided just to check just to make sure. Sore boobs, extremely tired, feeling super bloated. I just felt off so I decided to test.

Of course, it was negative.

Honestly, I was expecting it. I really don't think that I ovulated this month and it's really hard to make a baby without an egg. I also realized after the fact that even if I did happen to ovulate on CD 15, my darkest OPK, yesterday would have only been 7 days past ovulation, too early to test. It seems most women get positives 9 dpo and later. I still feel strange, but I'm not going to test again until after CD 28 which is when my period is supposed to start.

Even though I expected the negative, I was, and am, disappointed. Even though the chances were slim, and honestly are for future unmediated cycles, it's hard not to get my hopes up. I also decided not to tell Keegan so I wouldn't disappoint him. Who knows, maybe this cycle will have a happy ending, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment