Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cycle 2 = Fail

Three days ago, on cycle day 32, I woke up, took my temperature, and plugged it into FertilityFriend. The result wasn't good. My temperature had dropped from 98.44 to 97.78. Even though it was still above my cover line, I knew the end was coming. Later that day I started spotting. The next day, Cycle Day 33, my temperature dropped down to 97.34, below the cover line. I continued to spot, following my trend of two days of spotting then the start of a full flow. Sure enough, Aunt Flo has made herself known today. Medium flow, cramping, back cramps, nausea, the works. 

For those of you interested in my chart:



Notes about this cycle: 
  • Pro: I ovulated! Granted, it's late by "normal" standards (Cycle Day 21 instead of 14,) but it happened. Con: Ovulating late means I had a 33 day cycle instead of a 28 day cycle which I had on birth control and my first cycle off BC. 
  • I had a 12 day luteal phase which I believe is "normal." No con for this, I'm just happy that I don't have a luteal phase deficiency. I don't need another problem to contend with. 
  • I honestly believe that we would have had a great chance of conceiving this month if I hadn't ovulated while Keegan was in San Francisco. We just had horrible timing this month. 
I have hope for this upcoming cycle. I have hope that I will ovulate again this cycle and we can catch it with the Clear Blue digital OPKs. Keegan isn't going out of town (that I know of,) so we should be able to time things correctly. Fingers crossed for next cycle!  

No comments:

Post a Comment