Monday, February 3, 2014

Breadcrumb Week 13

How far along: 13 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: -10 pounds, looks like I'm finally gaining some of the weight I lost! 

Symptoms:
  • Periods of nausea 
  • food aversions 
  • tiredness 
  • Loss of sex drive
  • sneezing (can sneezing be a symptom? I sneeze like 10-15 times a day!)
  • constipation - I mean to write about this last week, but let's just say that I've gone from a "once a day" kind of girl to a "once a week with the help of medication" kind of girl. I've been taking Colace when I've noticed that it's been too long since I've gone, but I'm going to ask my OB on Thursday if there's something better I should be taking.   
Maternity clothes: Wearing maternity jeans all the time; as soon as I get home, I'm either in yoga pants or PJ pants. I bought a few maternity t-shirts from Old Navy and Kohls which are nice to wear because they're so long. Most of my shirt still fit me, but a few of them are getting on the short side. 


Stretch marks: Nothing new here.


Sleep: Sleep is ok. A few times this week, I've woken up in the middle of the night to pee. Most nights I'm waking up throughout the night to reposition myself. I've really been trying to sleep more on my sides, but I always wake up on my stomach and lately I've been waking up on my back.  

Best moment last week: We bought tickets to see Alton Brown's tour in Atlanta at the end of February, so we decided to spend the weekend there and register since there are more, and bigger, stores than what's around us. We won't know the sex of the baby yet, but we can register for things like a stroller and breast pump that doesn't depend on knowing. 

Movement: Too early.


Food cravings: I'm still having some nausea and food aversions so I ate anything that sounded good which apparently worked since I gained 4ish pounds. 


Gender: Don't know yet, though I have my suspicions.


Labor signs: Zilch, thank goodness.


Belly button? In, maybe getting shallower 


What I miss: Nothing, really.


What I am looking forward to: Seeing Breadcrumb at our next appointment on 2/6, starting to plan the nursery and baby shower. 

Baby Buys: Bought a few more items for our cloth diaper stash. 


Milestones: Making it to 13 weeks. I know this is a topic of discussion, but I'm saying I'm in the second trimester! 

-------

Last night, I was giving a Facebook friend some advice on wedding planning. I realized that during our planning, I had no problem doing the research and dropping money on what needed to be bought. However, with this pregnancy, I'm feeling very overwhelmed with researching and purchasing anything larger than a onesie or cloth diaper. I'm constantly fighting with myself between anxiously wanting to start the nursery and being too scared to actually purchase a crib and dresser. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still nervous about this pregnancy having a happy ending, or if I'm subconsciously waiting to find out the sex of the baby before making any big decisions, but it's a strange feeling. I was perfectly comfortable shelling our $1,000 for food during our wedding, but I can't seem to pull the trigger on a $200 crib.


 
   

Just for fun, 6 weeks verses 13 weeks.




13 comments:

  1. I sneeze all the time too! I joke that I think I'm allergic to the baby, but I think she must be hitting something in there that makes me sneeze. I swear I've sneezed more in the past 30 weeks than the past 30 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way! I used to sneeze like maybe once a month, but now it's multiple times a day! Baby must be sitting on th sneezing nerve...or something.

      Delete
  2. I sneeze more, too! My allergies have gone haywire!!

    I'm the same way about buying stuff. I'm 19 weeks and have bought only 3 cute little outfits. Hubby wants to buy the nursery furniture so bad and I just keep saying I need a few hours to research... but hopefully I can make a decision soon because he's already painted and is going to do the crown molding and board and batten with his dad in a couple weeks. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I can buy all the baby clothes (mostly because I only buy the ones on super sale,) but anything bigger scares me. We're even holding out on painting which I'd rather do earlier in the pregnancy than later. I don't know what it is, but I'm scared to make a big commitment. I'd love to see pictures of your nursery!

      Delete
  3. Aw definitely a little bump there! For constipation during pregnancy I used colace and miralax during the worst of it--it definitely helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Colace has been my best friend. I've NEVER experienced constipation before, so this was a whole new experience for me!

      Delete
  4. Ah, I'm so jealous you get to see Alton Brown! I love him. We don't have cable anymore, so I don't see him as often, but I listen to his podcast whenever I travel for work. He's a genius!

    I sneeze just as much as I always have (10-20 times a day), but now I get horrible pains in my lower abdomen if I don't brace myself first. Makes it far less satisfying when anticipating pain. :(

    Congrats on making it to second tri!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have all of AB's cooking books, and I may or may not be bringing one to the show just in case he does a signing session after. I fully expect my husband to freak out a bit if we get to meet him.

      Delete
  5. have a great time in atlanta!!
    there are some places that will tell you the sex of the baby at 16 weeks you might be able to find!
    OH I CANT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know of a place! I'm waiting until my OB appointment tomorrow to ask if our genetic testing will also tell us the sex of the baby. If not, I will try and persuade Keegan to do the early test. He doesn't understand the point, but I'm so anxious to find out!

      Delete
  6. Your face looks slimmer but your bump is luscious! Congrats on the second trimester :) I hope you post all your shopping. It might bore some people but OMG I'm so into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny, people have asked me multiple times if I've lost weight (which I have,) and they're confused when I also say I'm pregnant. I guess they assume pregnant women puff up right away?

      I've been debating posting about baby buys because I know it bores some people and hurts others, but maybe I'll put a big warning at the top of the post so people can click away if they want to. I don't really have anyone to gush over tiny baby things with, so maybe I'll do a post after the trip!

      Delete
    2. Any time you want to gush, text me!! :D

      Delete