Monday, May 19, 2014

Breadcrumb Week 28 - Hello Third Trimester!

How far along: 28 weeks. Hello third trimester! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 10 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight as of 5/12; will find out if I've gained anything at my appointment on Thursday

Symptoms:
  • food aversions, specifically protein; chicken is getting easier to eat and I'll eat beef if Keegan grills it.
  • tiredness let's try exhaustion 
  • loss of sex drive
  • constipation
  • getting winded easier
  • super vibrant dreams  
  • heartburn / acid reflux - this is now an every day occurrence. It gets worse when I lie down
  • round ligament pains
  • fast heart rate
  • Swelling 
  • increase in what I think are Braxton Hicks. My entire abdomen gets hard, but it doesn't hurt at all.
  • I've officially had to go up a size in underwear. Apparently my backside is expanding as fast as my middle. 

Maternity clothes: Yep. A few of my shirts that I purchased in a "large" are getting small.   

Stretch marks: As far as I can tell, just the two

Sleep: Another week of good and bad nights. One night I was up multiple times to pee and had really bad heartburn, so I got a total of maybe 4 hours of sleep. 

Best moment last week: Nothing really stand out, just another week of growing. 

Movement: Yep! I'm feeling bigger movements (rolls maybe?) and I keep trying to get Keegan to feel them, but Breadcrumb will calm down as soon as Keegan's hand is on my stomach, the little stinker. 

Food cravings: Water. I can't seem to get enough! I've also really been enjoying watermelon and raspberries.

Gender: Our little man!

Labor signs: Increase in what I think are Braxton Hicks, and maybe one or two painful "contractions" (not really sure if they're contractions, but they hurt!)

Belly button? Still shallow. Hasn't changed much recently.   

What I miss: A nice cold Coke sounds so good in this heat!   

What I am looking forward to: Our baby shower is this weekend! I'm so excited to see our friends and families. I haven't seen my family since Christmas, our main group of friends since October, and some of Keegan's family since our wedding in 2012!

Baby Buys: Still holding out for our baby showers, but we did buy a "diaper pail," a.k.a. a trashcan. 

Milestones: I took my glucose test on Wednesday (5/14) and found out I failed on Saturday (5/17.) The "normal" range was 65-139 and I was at 160 (not sure what the units of measurement are here.) My hemoglobin was also low at 9.9 ("normal" is 11.1 - 15.9) so I'll have to take iron supplements. I haven't spoken to my OB about this yet, I just had the results emailed to me, so we'll see what she says about the 3 hour test at my next appointment.

We also met with a potential midwife, but I'll probably do an entire post about that later.



Beginning of first, second, and third trimesters


10 comments:

  1. Yeah, congrats on making it to the third trimester! You look blooming marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone has ever said that to me! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. YOU LOOK SO HAPPY!!!!
    happy 3rd tri girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glorious third. ;) congrats. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit, it felt like it was never going to get here! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Third trimester...wow! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay third tri! Sorry you failed your glucose! Hopefully you'll pass the 3 hour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on reaching the third trimester. You're so close to meeting your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic! Love the progression photos. Ah, diaper pail. EXCITING TIMES ;)

    ReplyDelete